Recipe: Roasted Indian Chicken, Vegetable, and Chickpeas
- 1/4 cup grapeseed oil or peanut oil in your Evo Oil Sprayer
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon yellow or black mustard seeds
- 1 tablespoon ground turmeric
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast halves, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 pound carrots, cut into thin strips
- 2 1/2 cups cauliflower florets
- 1 - 15 ounce can garbanzo beans (chickpeas), rinsed and drained
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 2 tablespoons slivered almonds, toasted, or dry roasted peanuts (optional)
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. If desired, line a 15x10x1-inch baking pan with foil; set aside. In a small bowl combine sugar, mustard seeds, turmeric, cumin, ginger, coriander, salt, cinnamon, and cayenne pepper.
- In an extra-large bowl combine chicken, carrots, cauliflower, and beans. Spritz with oil to coat and toss with spice mixture. Transfer mixture to the prepared baking pan.
- Bake, uncovered, about 30 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink and carrots are crisp-tender and starting to brown.
- Drizzle 1 tablespoon lime juice over chicken mixture. Sprinkle with cilantro and, if desired, almonds. Squeeze a lime wedge over each serving.