Recipe: Chicken Parmesan
- 4 whole (up To 6) Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts, Trimmed And Pounded Flat
- 1/2 cup All-purpose Flour
- Salt And Pepper, to taste
- olive oil in your Evo Oil Sprayer
- 1 whole Medium Onion, Chopped
- 4 cloves Garlic, Minced
- 3/4 cups Wine (white Or Red Is Fine)
- 3 cans (14.5 Oz.) Crushed Tomatoes
- 2 Tablespoons Sugar
- 1/4 cube Chopped Fresh Parsley
- 1 cup Freshly Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1 pound Thin Linguine
Mix flour, salt, and pepper together on a large plate.
Dredge flattened chicken breasts in flour mixture. Set aside.
At this time, you can start a pot of water for your pasta. Cook linguine until al dente.
Spritz enough olive oil into a large skillet to coat and heat over medium heat. When oil is hot, fry chicken breasts until nice and golden brown on each side, about 2 to 3 minutes per side.
Remove chicken breasts from the skillet and keep warm.
Without cleaning skillet, add onions and garlic and gently stir for 2 minutes. Pour in wine and scrape the bottom of the pan, getting all the flavorful bits off the bottom. Allow wine to cook down until reduced by half, about 2 minutes.
Pour in crushed tomatoes and stir to combine. Add sugar and more salt and pepper to taste. Allow to cook for 30 minutes. Toward the end of cooking time, add chopped parsley and give sauce a final stir.
Carefully lay chicken breasts on top of the sauce and completely cover them in grated Parmesan. Place lid on skillet and reduce heat to low. Allow to simmer until cheese is melted and chicken is thoroughly heated. Add more cheese to taste.
Place cooked noodles on a plate and cover with sauce. Place chicken breast on top and sprinkle with more parsley. Serve immediately.