Recipe: Grilled Orange & Fig Glazed Turkey Burgers with Creamed Feta
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1/2 cup fig preserves
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- zest of one medium orange
- 3 tablespoons orange juice (you should be able to squeeze that from one orange)
- 5 ounces feta
- 2 ounces whipped cream cheese
- hamburger buns
- lettuce and tomato
- olive oil in your Evo Oil Sprayer
- For the glaze, combine fig preserves, mustard, orange zest and juice in small sauce pan over low heat. Cook about 2 minutes (but do not boil) until fully combined stirring occasionally.
- For the creamed feta spread, place feta in food processor, blender or magic bullet and pulse until it turns to crumbs. Add whipped cream cheese and puree for 3-4 minutes until creamy, stopping to scrape down sides when needed.
- Divide ground turkey in 4 equal portions and mold each portion into a patty.
- Spritz grill (or skillet) with olive oil using your Evo Oil Sprayer. Preheat grill (or skillet) to medium heat. Using a basting brush, coat all sides of frozen turkey burgers with glaze.
- Place burgers on grill for 8 minutes on one side. Turn and grill other side 7 minutes or until done and a meat thermometer inserted in center of burger registers 165°F.
- Spritz burger buns with olive oil using your Evo Oil Sprayer and place on grill face down to toast during the last few minutes of grilling.
- Serve burgers on buns with creamed feta spread on both top and bottom bun. Top burger with a little more glaze, lettuce and tomato.