Recipe: Spaghetti Squash Mac and Cheese
- 1 large spaghetti squash
- your choice of oil in your Evo Oil Sprayer
- 2 cups broccoli florets, steamed
- 1 tablespoon butter or ghee
- 1 tablespoon whole-wheat flour
- 1 cup low-fat milk
- 1 cup reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan
- Salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes, optional garnish
- 1 teaspoon grated parmesan, optional garnish
- Preheat oven to 400ºF. Cut spaghetti squash in half, and scoop out and discard seeds. Spritz the center of both halves of squash with oil, and place cut side up on a cookie sheet. Roast until tender when pierced with a knife, about 50 minutes.
- Remove squash from oven, and let cool. Once it's safe to handle, scrape flesh into a large bowl. Add in steamed broccoli florets to bowl and set aside.
- In a large saucepan, melt butter or ghee on medium heat and whisk in whole wheat flour. Add milk and whisk quickly. Turn heat down to low, add both cheeses to saucepan, and stir until melted. Remove from heat.
- Pour cheese sauce over spaghetti squash and broccoli mixture, and toss until all the squash is covered.
- Dish into four portions, and top off with red pepper flakes and extra cheese if you wish!