Recipe: Tomato Soup
- extra virgin olive oil in your Evo Oil Sprayer
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 medium garlic cloves, minced
- pinch hot red pepper flakes (optional)
- 10 fresh plum tomatoes or 2 - 28 ounce cans whole tomatoes packed in juice
- salt and pepper, to taste
Spritz enough oil to coat the bottom of a Dutch oven and set over medium-high heat.
Spritz Dutch oven with more oil to coat and add chopped onion, cooking until onions have started to caramelize. Add in garlic and cook an additional 30 seconds, or until fragrant.
Add tomatoes to the pot and heat, breaking up the tomatoes with a wooden spoon as they cook. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to medium. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Using an immersion blender, blend until smooth. If you do not have an immersion blender, pour soup into a heat-safe blender and puree until smooth. Return to pot and season with salt and pepper to taste.