Recipe: Shrimp Corn Fritters with Red Pepper Sauce
Shrimp and Corn Cakes:
- 2 lemons
- 1 pound fresh or frozen peeled, deveined medium shrimp
- 3 ears fresh sweet corn, kernels removed (1 1/2 cups)
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh parsley
- 1 fresh jalapeno pepper, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- your choice of oil in your Evo Oil Sprayer
Red Pepper Yogurt Sauce:
- 8 ounces Greek yogurt or goat yogurt
- 4 ounces roasted red sweet peppers, drained
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh hot red pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 teaspoon honey (optional)
- Kosher salt to taste
- Zest the peel of the lemons. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a food processor add two-thirds of the shrimp and half of the finely shredded lemon peel. Cover and process with several on/off turns until the mixture becomes a fine paste.
- Transfer the shrimp paste to a large bowl. Add the remaining shrimp (roughly chopped), remaining lemon zest, corn kernels, green onions, parsley, jalapeno, and salt; mix well.
- Using clean hands, form 8 patties from the shrimp and corn mixture. Cover and chill until ready to use.
- For the Red Pepper Yogurt Sauce, process the yogurt, roasted red peppers, hot red pepper, lemon juice, garlic, honey, if using, and salt in a blender or food processor until smooth. Cover and chill until ready to use.
- Spritz a large skillet with oil to coat and heat over medium-high heat. Working in two batches, add shrimp cakes and cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until the bottoms have become golden and crispy.
- Flip cakes and cook 1 to 2 minutes more or until golden and crispy and the shrimp is opaque. Remove from heat; cover and keep warm. Repeat with remaining cakes. Serve with Red Pepper Yogurt Sauce.