Recipe: Crispy Salt and Vinegar Smashed Potatoes
- 2 pounds mixed baby potatoes (Yukon Gold, red, etc.)
- 1 cup plus 2 Tbsp. white vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon kosher salt, plus addt’l for sprinkling
- 2 Tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- olive oil in your Evo Oil Sprayer
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
Combine potatoes, 1 cup vinegar, and 1 Tbsp. kosher salt in a medium saucepan. Add enough water to cover by 1 inch. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer until potatoes are tender, about 20 minutes.
Drain and return potatoes to saucepan. Add butter and gently toss to coat. Transfer potatoes to prepared baking sheet, spreading them out in a single layer. Using a heavy mug or glass, smash each potato to about 1/2-inch thickness.
Bake for 20 minutes. Remove potatoes from oven and turn each with a spatula. Spritz with olive oil and continue baking for 20 minutes more.
Once baked, sprinkle with 2 Tbsp. vinegar, chopped chives, salt and pepper. Serve hot.