Recipe: Grilled Ratatouille Wrapped in Foil
- 1 small eggplant, cut into bite size pieces
- 2 bell peppers, cut into bite size pieces
- 1 vidalia onion or large sweet onion, chopped
- 2 whole tomatoes
- extra virgin olive oil in your Evo Oil Sprayer
- salt-free Italian herb mix
- salt and fresh ground pepper
- splash of red wine vinegar
- In a large mixing bowl, toss together eggplant, peppers, onion, herb mix, salt and pepper. Spritz with enough oil to coat. Cover large baking sheet with aluminum foil and spritz lightly with oil. Add vegetable mix to foil and spread out. Cover with another piece of foil, folding bottom foil over top to seal packet. Cut several slits in top of foil pouch and slide onto grill. Vegetables should grill 25 minutes or until tender.
- Place the 2 whole tomatoes on the grill and cover. Grill tomatoes until skin blisters (about 10 minutes), then turn over and grill another 5 minutes. Remove from grill.
- Remove skin from grilled tomatoes and chop and place in a large bowl. Add grilled vegetables and add a splash of vinegar and toss to incorporate.