Recipe: Chipotle Burger with Caramelized Red Onions
- olive oil in your Evo Oil Sprayer
- 1 large red onion, halved, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2-1/2 pounds lean ground beef or turkey
- 4 chipotle peppers with adobo sauce from a can, minced
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon grated lime zest
- Generous pinch of salt
- A few grinds black pepper
- 8 slices Monterey Jack cheese
- 8 whole grain hamburger buns, toasted
- Mayonnaise or other condiments of your choice
- Spritz oil using your Evo Oil Sprayer into a large skillet over medium heat. Add onion and cook, stirring often, for 15 minutes or until onions are golden brown. Drizzle with vinegar and stir to combine. Remove from heat and keep warm.
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- In a large bowl, combine beef or turkey, chipotle, cilantro, garlic, lime zest, salt and pepper. Use your hands to mix well. Form beef into eight patties.
- Spritz grill grates with oil using your Evo Oil Sprayer and grill burgers for five minutes, flip, and grill for another four minutes. Lay slices of cheese over burgers and cook for another one to two minutes or until burgers are cooked through.
- Slather buns with mayonnaise and/or other condiments. Place burgers on the bottoms of the buns and top with caramelized onions.