Recipe: Stacked Chicken Enchiladas
- olive oil in your Evo Oil Sprayer
- 1 small yellow onion (or 1 cup), chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 large chicken breast (or 1½ cups) cooked and shredded
- 1 10-ounce can of diced tomatoes and green chiles, drained
- 1 10-ounce can of enchilada sauce (I used medium, you can use mild or spicy if you prefer)
- 4 large flour tortillas
- 1½ cup freshly grated colby jack cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a medium skillet over medium-high heat, spritz oil into the pan using your Evo Oil Sprayer. When the oil is hot, add the onion, garlic, and bell pepper and saute until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle the cumin, chili powder, salt, and black pepper on the vegetables and stir to combine. Remove the skillet from heat. Stir in the shredded chicken and the tomatoes and green chiles. Toss to combine.
- To assemble the stacked chicken enchiladas, pour ¼ cup of enchilada sauce into the bottom of a 2-quart rectangular (or square) casserole dish. Place 2 large flour tortillas on top of the sauce. They should overlap each other and they won't cover every part of the casserole dish. It's ok.
- Sprinkle half the shredded chicken mixture on top then half the cheese and drizzle half of the enchilada sauce on top. Repeat with the other 2 tortillas on top and the rest of the ingredients for the layers.
- Bake uncovered for 35 minutes.
- Cut and serve.