Recipe: Crunchy Baked Fries
- 3 large russet potatoes
- olive oil in your Evo Oil Sprayer
- Sea salt and pepper, to taste
- Using a mandoline, slice the potatoes into fries.
- Next, place your spuds in a nice cool water bath. Completely submerge the fries in water.
- Let fries sit one hour. This helps to remove excess starch and will help the fries crisp up more in the oven.
- After an hour, drain the water, and pat fries dry with a paper towel.
- Spritz with of olive oil to coat using your Evo Oil Sprayer and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Spread out onto a baking sheet which has been generously sprayed with cooking spray (two if the sheet is too crowded- fries should not be super packed on the sheet).
- Bake at 400 for about 30 minutes - until fries start to get soft. Flip the fries to the other side to prevent them from sticking and to allow for even cooking.
- Turn the oven to 450 and continue baking until crisp (about 20-30 minutes). Watch them closely, and stir them a few times to be sure all sides get some good crunch!