Recipe: One Pot Pasta Primavera
- 4 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
- 8 ounces linguine, uncooked
- 1 small onion, halved and sliced thin
- 1 pound broccoli crowns, cut into large florets (about 2 cups)
- 1 1/2 pounds asparagus, ends snapped off and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 4 ounces sliced white button mushrooms (about 1 cup)
- 4 large cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (less for milder heat; more to increase heat)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- olive oil in your Evo Oil Sprayers
- 3/4 cup frozen peas
- 1 small handful fresh parsley, chopped (about 1/2 cup chopped)
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons freshly grated lemon zest
- Additional salt and pepper to taste
- Additional Parmesan cheese for serving (optional)
- Add the broth, linguine, onion, broccoli, asparagus, mushrooms, garlic, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper to a large pot set over high heat. Spritz the olive oil over the top using your Evo Oil Sprayer.
- As soon as it comes to a boil, set the timer for 7 minutes and start tossing constantly with long-handled tongs.
- Continue boiling and tossing. As soon as the 7 minutes is up, add the peas, parsley, heavy whipping cream, Parmesan, and lemon zest and continue cooking, tossing constantly, for 1-2 more minutes, until the pasta and veggies appear tender. Remove from heat.
- Note that much of the liquid will have evaporated, but not all. And that's okay! Let the pasta sit for a couple of minutes to cool; the sauce will continue to thicken during that time. Taste and add additional salt and pepper if desired. Garnish with additional Parmesan cheese.