Recipe: Shrimp Pasta with Tomatoes, Lemon, and Spinach
- 1/2 pound extra large shrimp, thawed, peeled and deveined
- 2 tsp lemon zest, divided
- 1 pinch crushed red pepper
- 1 sprig fresh thyme, leaves removed and chopped
- 1 sprig fresh oregano, leaves removed and chopped
- 2 basil leaves, torn
- extra virgin olive oil in your Evo Oil Sprayer
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 4 cups baby spinach
- 2 Tbs. lemon juice
- 1/2 pound angel hair pasta
- coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- On a plate, toss the shrimp with the crushed red pepper, half the lemon zest, chopped herbs and a pinch of salt and pepper. Let it sit while you start the rest.
- Spritz a medium skillet with oil using your Evo Oil Sprayer and heat to medium-high. Add the garlic and bloom 30 seconds. Add the tomatoes along the remaining lemon zest. Sprinkle with a little salt and pepper and saute for 2 minutes.
- Add the shrimp in a single layer and sear on one side for 2 minutes. Flip and sear another minute, or until shrimp is cooked through. Keep tossing the tomatoes just a little bit.
- In the meantime, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and cook the angel hair until al dente (about 5 minutes). Drain all but about 1/2 cup of the pasta water and toss with the shrimp and tomato mixture, along with the spinach. Squeeze a lot of lemon juice right in. Season with coarse salt and pepper. Add enough pasta water to create a delicious, thin sauce.
- Serve it with more lemon juice, crusty bread, and fresh parmesan cheese.