Recipe: Salmon Burgers with Lime Mayonnaise
Ingredients - Salmon Burgers
- 1 pound fresh salmon fillet, skinned and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 3/4 cup panko (Japanese-style bread crumbs)
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh cilantro
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- olive oil in your Evo Oil Sprayer
- 1 recipe Lime Mayonnaise
- Sandwich buns and leaf lettuce (optional)
- Rinse salmon and pat dry; cut into 1-inch chunks. Place salmon in food processor; cover. Pulse 7 times to coarsely grind (do not overprocess); set aside. In bowl combine panko, green onions, cilantro, ginger, garlic, eggs, soy sauce, and lemon juice. Stir in salmon.
- Line a tray with parchment paper or foil. Divide salmon into four (2/3-cup) mounds on the tray. Shape into 1-inch-thick patties. Cover with plastic wrap; refrigerate at least 30 minutes or up to 8 hours (mixture will be easier to handle after chilling).
- Spritz oil using your Evo Oil Sprayer in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add salmon patties. Cook 4 to 5 minutes per side or until cooked through (160 degrees F). Serve with Lime Mayonnaise on buns with lettuce.
Ingredients - Lime Mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons red onion, minced
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- In a bowl stir together mayonnaise, red onion, and lime juice. Refrigerate until ready to serve.