Recipe: Smoky Potatoes with Asparagus and Chorizo
- 1 pound fingerling potatoes
- 1/3 pound chorizo sausage
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon smoked parrika
- ½ red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 pound trimmed asparagus, each stalk cut into thirds.
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- olive oil in your Evo Oil Sprayer
- 1 lemons juice
- kosher salt to taste
- Bring a medium pot of salted water to a boil. Add the potatoes and cook until just fork tender, about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large sauté pan or heavy skillet, cook the chorizo over medium heat, breaking it up as you cook, about 2-3 minutes.
- Add a few spritzes of olive oil using your Evo Oil Sprayer, 1 teaspoon of smoked paprika and the red onions and sauté another 2 minutes. Add the asparagus and sauté two minutes.
- Use a slotted spoon to remove the potatoes from the pot of water and add them to the pan. Stir to coat and cook, add the water and a lid and cook 2 more minutes.
- While that is cooking, whisk together the remaining paprika, garlic, vinegar and a few more spritzes of olive oil.
- When you remove the lid, make sure that the water has all cooked off. Turn the heat to low and add the oil and vinegar mixture. Toss everything together.
- Season to taste with Kosher salt and transfer to a serving platter and squeeze the fresh lemon juice over the top of the dish. Serve hot or warm.