Recipe: Beef Sirloin Tips with Smokey Pepper Sauce
- 1 1/2 pounds beef sirloin tip steak
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika or paprika
- your choice of oil in your Evo Oil Sprayer
- 1 - 12 ounce jar roasted red and/or yellow sweet peppers
- 1/2 cup hickory- or mesquite-flavored barbecue sauce
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped fresh Italian (flat-leaf) parsley
- Trim meat and cut into 1- to 1-1/2-inch chunks; sprinkle with paprika. In a 12-inch skillet, spritz oil using your Evo Oil Sprayer oil and heat over medium-high heat. Add meat; brown 5 minutes or to desired doneness. Remove from skillet; keep warm.
- Meanwhile, drain roasted red peppers, reserving liquid. Cut up roasted peppers. Measure 1/2 cup of the reserved liquid (if needed, add enough water to equal 1/2 cup). Add peppers and the liquid to the skillet. Add barbecue sauce. Cook, uncovered, 5 to 10 minutes, stirring frequently until sauce is slightly thickened. Return meat to skillet; heat through.
- Sprinkle with parsley. Makes 4 servings.