Recipe: Deep-Dish Strawberry Ice Dream Pie
- 30 chocolate wafers
- 5 teaspoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 large egg white, lightly beaten
- Dash of salt
- your choice of oil in your Evo Oil Sprayer
- 1 pound fresh strawberries, divided
- 1/4 cup seedless strawberry jam, divided
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 2/3 cup fat-free sweetened condensed milk
- 4 cups whipped cream
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Finely grind wafers in a food processor. Add butter, egg white, and salt; process until well combined. Gently press mixture into bottom and up sides of a 9.5-inch deep-dish pie plate spritzed with your choice of oil using your Evo Oil Sprayer. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes. Cool 10 minutes on a wire rack. Freeze 30 minutes or until well chilled.
- Slice 1 cup of strawberries; place in large bowl. Add 1 tablespoon strawberry jam and lemon juice; gently stir. Stir in sweetened condensed milk. Gently fold in whipped cream. Spoon mixture into prepared crust, smoothing top. Freeze 4 hours or up to overnight.
- 4. Quarter remaining strawberries lengthwise; combine with remaining 3 tablespoons jam. Arrange mixture over pie. Serve immediately.