Recipe: Caramelized Salmon Skewers
- 1/4 cup purchased caramel-flavored ice cream topping
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Dijon-style mustard
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 - 1 1/4 pound salmon fillet, skinned
- Lime wedges (optional)
- Freshly ground black pepper (optional)
- olive oil in your Evo Oil Sprayer to grease the grills
- At least 30 minutes before grilling, soak twelve 6- to 8-inch wooden skewers in water. Drain; set aside. For sauce, in a small bowl stir together caramel topping, soy sauce, mustard, and lime juice; set aside.
- Rinse salmon; pat dry with paper towels. Cut salmon fillet in half lengthwise, then cut each piece crosswise into 6 pieces (12 pieces total). Sprinkle pieces with salt and pepper. Thread one salmon piece onto each wooden skewer.
Spritz grill with oil using your Evo Oil Sprayers to grease.
Arrange skewers on the greased rack of an uncovered grill directly over flame. Brush generously with sauce. Grill for 3 minutes. Turn; brush with remaining sauce. Grill for 3 to 5 minutes more or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Serve with lime wedges and sprinkle with pepper. Makes 12 servings.