Recipe: Farmer's Market Veggie Pizza
- extra-virgin olive oil in your Evo Oil Sprayer
- 2 cups thinly sliced onion
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- 2 cups thinly sliced red bell pepper
- 5 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 cup fresh corn kernels (about 2 ears)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (16-ounce) refrigerated fresh pizza crust dough
- 5 ounces thinly sliced fresh mozzarella cheese
- 1/3 cup (1 1/2 ounces) grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/3 cup fresh basil leaves
1. Preheat oven to 425°. Position an oven rack in the next to lowest setting. Place a 16-inch pizza pan on the rack.
2. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Spritz olive oil into pan using your Evo Oil Sprayer. Add 2 cups onion and thyme to pan; cook for 3 minutes or until the onion is tender, stirring occasionally. Add bell pepper and garlic to pan; cook for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add corn, salt, and black pepper to pan; cook for 1 minute or until thoroughly heated.
3. Roll dough into a 16-inch circle on a lightly floured surface. Remove pan from oven. Spritz the pan with olive oil to coat using your Evo Oil Sprayer. Place dough on pan. Arrange mozzarella slices evenly over dough. Spread the corn mixture evenly over cheese, and top with Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese. Bake at 425° for 23 minutes. Arrange tomatoes evenly over pizza; bake an additional 5 minutes or until crust is browned. Remove from oven; sprinkle with basil. Cut into 6 slices.