Recipe: Crispy Spice Rubbed Chicken Thighs
- 2 or 3 lb package skin-on bone-in chicken thighs
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp ground chipotle pepper
- 2 tsp yellow curry powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp ground coriander
- 1/4 tsp ground cardamom
- 1/8 tsp ground cloves
- 1/4 tsp ground cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1.5 tsp sea salt
- Your Evo Oil Sprayer filled with your favorite Olive Oil
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Stir to combine the ginger, chipotle pepper, curry powder, paprika, garlic powder, coriander, cardamom, cloves, cayenne, cumin, and salt.
- Trim the excess fat from the chicken thighs. Rub the chicken thighs all over with the spice rub.
- Heat an ovenproof skillet over medium heat and use your Evo Oil Sprayer to spray enough olive oil to coat the bottom of the pan (about 2 tbsp).
- Cook the chicken thighs skin side down (in a single layer) for 10 minutes, until the skin gets crispy (and if the skin isn't golden brown and crispy after 10 minutes, cook it for a few minutes longer). Flip the chicken and cook for another 5 minutes, then transfer the skillet to the oven to cook for additional 10-15 minutes, until the chicken is cooked through and has reached an internal temperature of 180 degrees F.