Recipe: Chicken Breasts with Mushroom and Onion Dijon Sauce
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts about 6 ounces each (1 ½ pounds)
- ¼ cup flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- extra virgin olive oil in your Evo Oil Sprayer
- 4 cups sliced button mushrooms
- 1 cup sliced red onion
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped rosemary
- 1 tablespoons whole grain mustard
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- ½ cup white wine
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley chopped
- ¼ cup chicken stock
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons butter
- In a medium bowl, place four, salt and pepper and mix. Dredge chicken in four, shake excess and set aside.
- In a large skillet spritz oil with your Evo Oil Sprayer and heat over medium high heat until hot. Add chicken breasts and brown 3-4 minutes per side. If all four pieces will not fit, cook in two batches. Remove chicken to a platter and set aside.
- Heat pan back up to high and add mushrooms and cook for about three minutes until just starting to brown. Reduce to medium high and add onions and rosemary. Cook for two to three minutes. The mushrooms will give up some liquid when the onions are added. Add both mustards, and wine and scrape up bottom. Add parsley, stock, cream and butter and mix to combine. Add chicken back in and cover with sauce. Reduce heat to a simmer and cook just until the chicken is cooked through (depending on size). Serve with sauce over each portion.