Recipe: 20 Minute Cherry Tomato and Basil Angel Hair
- 1/2 pound angel hair
- Olive Oil in your Evo Oil Sprayer
- 5 large garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 2 pounds cherry or grape tomatoes
- 1 cup loosely packed basil, roughly chopped
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, plus more for seasoning
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan, plus more for garnish
- bring a large pot of water to a rolling boil. add in a good handful of salt. add pasta. cook aldente or until pasta is slightly undercooked. using tongs remove pasta from water into a colander. reserve cooking liquid.
- while pasta is cooking, add garlic and spritz olive oil in a very large skillet with your Evo Oil Sprayer. turn the heat on medium and cook until garlic becomes soft, about two minutes.
- turn the heat to a medium-high and add tomatoes and salt. cook two minutes.
- add 1/2 cup of starchy cooking liquid leftover from pasta. bring the mixture to a boil and reduce to a simmer for five minutes — the tomatoes should be starting to burst. if they haven’t gently push on them using the back of a wooden spoon. you only want about half to burst. add pasta, cook another two minutes.
- turn the heat off, add basil and parmesan cheese. toss to coat. if needed add more starchy pasta water.
- season to taste with salt and pepper.
- serve with extra grated parmesan cheese.