Recipe: Baba Ganoush
- 2 medium "regular" eggplant (Black Magic, Black Beauty, etc., the kind with a dark purple skin)
- 2 - 4 cloves garlic, peeled and smashed
- 2 - 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- 4 - 6 tablespoons tahini (1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons)
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 - 2 teaspoons salt
- Olive Oil in your Evo Oil Sprayer
- Preheat your broiler on high and pierce eggplants all over with a fork. Place under broiler on a baking sheet, turning every so often, until blackened all over. Takes about 15 minutes.
- Lower heat to 350ºF and bake for about 20 - 30 minutes. Some eggplants are ready earlier than others so check at 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and place a large bowl over the top of the eggplant. Let cool to room or handling temperature. The bowl helps the eggplants steam so their skin is easier to remove.
- Once cool, remove the top and peel the skin off the eggplant and discard. Place in a blender or food process, along with the garlic, tahini, and paprika. Start with the smaller amounts in the ingredient list.
- Blend until smooth and taste. Add more garlic, lemon, or tahini, to taste. Stir in paprika and 1 teaspoon salt and taste. Add additional salt, if desired (we typically use 2 teaspoons). Refrigerate and serve chilled spritzed with Olive Oil in your Evo Oil Sprayer.