Recipe: Sautéed Chicken with Olives, Capers, and Lemons
- 2 lemons, sliced 1/4 inch thick
- Your Evo Oil Sprayer filled with extra virgin olive oil
- 6 skinless, boneless chicken thighs, about 1 pound
- 1-2 tablespoons rice flour or all-purpose flour
- 1 fat garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 3/4 cup Sicilian green olives
- 1/4 cup capers
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons parsley
- kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- Bring a medium-large, high sided skillet to medium-high heat and add a few spritzes of olive oil using your Evo Oil Sprayer. Add half of the lemon slices and sear until browned, 3-5 minutes on each side. Transfer to a plate. Season the chicken thighs with kosher salt and black pepper and dust with rice flour, shaking off the excess. Using your Evo Oil Sprayer, add a few more spritzes of olive oil to the hot pan and sear the chicken pieces until golden brown, about 5 minutes each side. Transfer to another plate and finish searing the rest of the chicken pieces, then transfer to the same plate as the rest of the chicken.
- Add a few more spritzes of the olive oil to the pan and the minced garlic, and cook for 30 seconds or until fragrant, stirring so the garlic doesn't burn and become bitter. Add the green olives, capers and broth. Add the reserved chicken and any juices that have been released plus the reserved lemons and their juices and cook over high heat until the broth is reduced by half, about 5 minutes. Add the butter and parsley and cook for another minute. Season with more kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste. Transfer to plates and spoon the olives, capers, lemons and sauce on top.
- Serve with sautéed spinach, kale or swiss chard on the side.
inspired by Food & Wine magazine