Recipe: Chorizo Mac and Cheese
- 2 cups elbow macaroni
- Your Evo Oil Sprayer filled with olive oil
- 6 ounces Mexican chorizo, casing removed
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 1/2 red bell pepper, diced
- 2 jalapeños, diced
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup milk, warmed
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded jalapeño pepper jack cheese
- 1 cup corn kernels
- 1 cup canned black beans
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons Panko
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Use your Evo Oil Sprayer to lightly oil an 8×8 baking dish.
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta according to package instructions; drain well.
- Use your Evo Oil Sprayer to spritz olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add chorizo and cook until dry and crisp, about 2 minutes, making sure to crumble the chorizo as it cooks. Add red onion, bell pepper and jalapeños and cook until the onions begin to soften, about 3-4 minutes.
- Whisk in flour until well combined. Then gradually whisk in milk and cook, whisking constantly, until incorporated, about 1-2 minutes. Whisk in cheeses until smooth, about 1-2 minutes. Remove from heat. Stir in pasta, corn, black beans and lime juice.
- Spread pasta mixture into the prepared baking dish. Sprinkle Panko evenly over the top. Place into oven and bake for 20-25 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Let cool for 10 minutes before serving.