Recipe: Softbatch Cream Cheese Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
- Your Evo Oil Sprayer filled with your favorite cooking oil
- 1/4 cup cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 1/4 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips or chunks
- Combine the butter, cream cheese, sugars, egg, vanilla, and beat in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment. Heat on medium-high speed for about 5 minutes until well-creamed, light, and fluffy.
- Stop, scrape down the sides of the bowl, and add the flour, cornstarch, and baking soda. Mix for about 1 minute until combined.
- Add chocolate chips and chunks, and beat momentarily to incorporate, or fold in by hand.
- Preheat oven to 350F and use your Evo Oil Sprayer to spray the baking sheet with cooking oil. Place mounds on baking sheet, spaced at least 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 8 to 9 minutes, or until edges have set and tops are just beginning to set, even if slightly undercooked, pale and glossy in the center. Do not bake longer than 10 minutes as cookies will firm up as they cool.
- Allow cookies to cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes before removing and transferring to a rack to finish cooling.
- Cookies will keep airtight at room temperature for up to 1 week, or in the freezer for up to 3 months.