Recipe: Seared Scallops with Haricots Verts
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped shallots
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon dry white wine
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 3/8 teaspoon black pepper, divided
- 2 quarts water
- 12 ounces haricots verts, trimmed
- 1 1/2 tablespoons butter
- Your Evo Oil Sprayer filled with your favorite canola oil
- 1 1/2 pounds sea scallops (about 16)
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- Combine the chopped shallots, chopped parsley, lemon juice,dry white wine, and Dijon mustard in a bowl. Stir in 1/8 teaspoon pepper.
- Bring 2 quarts water to a boil. Add beans and cook for 3 minutes. Once done cooking, drain the water. Melt the butter in a nonstick skillet over medium heat; cook for 3 minutes.
- Add shallot mixture and beans and cook for 1 minute. Remove from heat.
- Heat a large skillet over high heat. Use your Evo Oil Sprayer to add about 2 tablespoons of canola oil. Pat scallops dry, then sprinkle with salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Add scallops to pan and cook 2 minutes on each side or until done. Serve with beans.