Recipe: Sweet & Spicy Grilled Wings
- 3 pounds chicken wings (whole or separated, either is fine)
- Your Evo Oil Sprayer filled with your favorite olive oil
- 2 tablespoons smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- juice of 1 lemon
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- Your Evo Oil Sprayer filled with your favorite hot chili oil
- 3 tablespoons honey
- juice of ½ a lemon
- Combine the 2 tablespoons smoked paprika, 2 teaspoons kosher salt, ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper and juice of 1 lemon into a small bowl. Add ¼ cup hot chili oil and 3 tablespoons olive oil using your Evo Oil Sprayer.
- Place the wings in a gallon sized sealable bag or sealable container and pour the marinade in them. Use your hands to be sure that the wings are well coated, then refrigerate overnight.
- When you are ready to cook, heat your grill to medium heat (or your indoor griddle to high heat). Place the wings on the flame and cook for 5-8 minutes on each side, depending on how hot your surface is.
- While the wings cook, mix together 3 tablespoons unsalted melted butter, 3 tablespoons honey, juice of ½ a lemon into a bowl. Add 3 tablespoons hot chili oil using your Evo Oil Sprayer.
- Whisk together the sauce ingredients, taste, and adjust seasonings as necessary.
- When the wings are nice and charred, toss in the sauce and serve hot. These can be made a day or two ahead of time, if you like, then placed in the oven under the broiler or on the grill to quickly reheat and serve.