Recipe: Roasted Asparagus, Bacon & Cheese Tart
- 1 large bunch of medium-sized asparagus, with rough ends snapped off.
- Your Evo Oil Sprayer filled with your favorite olive oil
- Zest of 1 lemon
- Coarse salt and pepper
- 2 sheets of puff pastry, thawed according to package instructions
- 1 package of Boursin cheese (Herb and Garlic)
- 1 cup grated asiago or gouda cheese
- 10 pieces of cooked bacon, chopped
- 1 egg, beaten with a little water
- 2 tablespoons of torn mint leaves
- Preheat oven to 400*F
- Toss the asparagus, lemon zest, salt, and pepper in a bowl. Spray 1 tablespoon of olive oil into the bowl using your Evo Oil Sprayer. Set aside.
- Unroll sheets of puff pastry (or roll out to roughly 10 x 15 inches). Use a paring knife to score a line around the perimeter of the pastry, about 1 inch from the edge.
- Place on parchment lined bake sheets (you'll need two sheets). With a fork, poke holes all over pastry within the border, so that this part remains flat during baking, while the border will puff up.
- Crumble half package of Boursin on each piece of puff pastry. Scatter each with asiago and bacon. Top with marinated asparagus. Use a pastry brush and spread the egg wash along the border.
- Place in oven and bake for 20-22 minutes, until golden. Serve warm or room temp.