Recipe: Slow Cooker Asian Beef Short Ribs
- 4 pounds beef short ribs
- 1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup low-sodium beef broth (or water)
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon fresh minced ginger
- 1 tablespoon fresh minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Your Evo Oil Sprayer filled with your favorite Asian sesame oil
- Hot cooked rice (or Asian rice noodles)
- chopped green onions, optional
- sesame seeds (plain or toasted), optional
- Place short ribs at the bottom of the slow cooker. In a medium bowl.
- Whisk together soy sauce, beef broth, honey, ginger, garlic, and black pepper. Pour over ribs.
- Cover and cook on low for 8 hours (or high for 4 hours), or until beef is tender.
- Remove ribs from cooking liquid. Skim and discard oil/melted fat from the top of the cooking liquid.
- Add the sesame oil using your Evo Oil Sprayer and stir the oil into the cooking liquid and return ribs to the slow cooker, reheating for a few minutes until warm.
- Serve beef ribs and sauce over hot cooked rice or rice noodles. Garnish with chopped green onions and/or toasted sesame seeds, if desired.