Recipe: Oven Roasted Potatoes
- Your favorite olive oil in Evo Oil Sprayer
- 1/2 lb hickory smoked, thick sliced bacon
- 3 1/2 lbs Yukon Gold Potatoes
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup Parmigiano-Reggiano, freshly grated coarse salt
- Fresh ground pepper
- Fresh parsley
- Scrub potatoes and place in a large pot. Fill pot with water until potatoes are covered by 2-3 inches of water. Bring water to a boil and cook for 12-15 minutes or until potatoes are fork tender.
- Slice bacon strips in half, then cut into 1/2-inch pieces (Bacon is easier to cut if frozen for about 10 minutes before).
- Spray oil into the skillet using your Evo Oil Sprayer and cook bacon in a skillet until golden. Remove cooked bacon onto a plate lined with paper towels. Reserve the bacon drippings.
- Once potatoes are tender, drain pot and allow to cool. Mince the garlic and parsley. Also, grate the Parmigiano-Reggiano.
Preheat the oven to 425° and prepare the baking sheet by spraying olive oil on the tray using your Evo Oil Sprayer. Also pour half the bacon drippings on the bottom of the pan.
Once the potatoes are cool, peel and cut in half, or quarter.
Place cut side down on prepared pan and sprinkle with course salt and fresh ground pepper. Place in 425° oven for 35-40 minutes. Rotate potatoes halfway through the baking time to ensure an even color.
Reduce temperature to 375°, turn potatoes over, and sprinkle with the bacon, garlic, and Parmigiano-Reggiano.
Add more salt and pepper if desired. Return to oven for an additional 15-20 minutes or until potatoes are evenly browned and cheese is melted. Remove from oven and sprinkle with fresh parsley.