Recipe: Roasted Corn and Crab Dip
- 1 cup frozen whole kernel corn, thawed
- 1 cup chopped red sweet pepper
- olive oil in your Evo Oil Sprayer
- 1 cup cooked crabmeat or one 6-ounce can crabmeat, drained, flaked, and cartilage removed
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese with jalapeno chile peppers (4 ounces)
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions (2)
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Broken tostada shells, toasted baguette-style French bread slices, and/or crackers
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Spritz a 1-quart quiche dish or shallow baking dish with olive oil to coat; set aside. In a shallow baking pan combine corn and sweet pepper. Spritz with olive oil; toss to coat. Roast, uncovered, about 20 minutes or until vegetables start to brown, stirring occasionally. Remove from oven and let cool.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl stir together crabmeat, cheese, mayonnaise, sour cream, green onions, and black pepper. Stir in roasted vegetables. Transfer mixture to prepared dish. (To serve today, omit Step 3 and continue as directed in Step 4.)
- Cover with plastic wrap; chill for up to 24 hours.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. If chilled, remove plastic wrap. Bake about 20 minutes or until bubbly around edges. Serve with toasted broken tostada shells, baguette slices and/or crackers.