Recipe: Warm Spinach and Artichoke Dip from Food Network
- your choice of oil in your Evo Oil Sprayer
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 (9-ounce) package artichoke hearts, defrosted, rinsed and dried
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, defrosted, excess liquid squeezed out.
- 1/2 cup reduced fat sour cream
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup (4 ounces) Neufchatel cheese (reduced-fat cream cheese)
- 2 ounces (about 1/2 cup) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- Pita wedges or crudites, for serving
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
Spritz a saute pan with oil and heat over medium heat.
Add onions to pan and cook stirring occasionally for 4 to 5 minutes.
Add garlic and cook an additional 3 to 4 minutes. Onions should be light golden but not browned. Remove from heat and cool.
In a food processor combine artichoke hearts, spinach, sour cream, mayonnaise, Neufchatel, mozzarella and salt and pepper. Process until smooth. Add cooled onion-garlic mixture to the food processor and pulse a few times to combine.
Transfer mixture into an 8-inch glass square baking dish or 9-inch glass pie plate which has been lightly spritzed with oil. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until heated through.
Serve with pita wedges or crudites.