Recipe: Roasted Garlic Clove Chicken
8 chicken thighs
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
1 head garlic, separated into whole cloves, papery skin removed (about 20 cloves)
olive oil in your Evo Oil Sprayer
1 tablespoon butter
2 teaspoons herbes de Provence
1 teaspoon flour
1/4 cup chicken stock
1/2 lemon, juiced
Bread, for serving
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Salt and pepper liberally and allow to temper on a cutting board while you prepare the garlic.
- Spritz a large ovenproof saute pan with oil to coat and heat over medium heat, cook the whole garlic cloves in olive oil and butter, stirring occasionally, until lightly golden, about 10 minutes. Remove the garlic from the pan and set aside.
- Increase the heat to medium high and brown the chicken skin-side down until the skin is golden and crispy, about 5 minutes.
- Turn the chicken over, sprinkle on herbes de Provence.
- Add the garlic back to the pan and place hot pan in oven. Bake the chicken until cooked through, about 25 minutes.
- Once the chicken is done, remove chicken thighs and garlic to a platter. Place the pan over medium-high heat and sprinkle the drippings with flour and stir to incorporate. Deglaze the pan with the stock and lemon juice.
- Pour the sauce over the chicken on the platter and serve with bread for sauce-mopping and garlic-spreading.