Recipe: Roasted Shrimp and Kale Rigatoni with Lemon-Ricotta Sauce
- 1 raw pound (21-25) shrimp - shelled and deveined
- olive oil in your Evo Oil Sprayer
- 5-6 cups kale leaves - rinsed, dried, and roughly chopped
- 1 pound rigatoni
- 1½ cup ricotta cheese
- 3 cloves of garlic - minced
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice - freshly squeezed
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese - grated
- Salt and pepper
- Heat the oven to 400 F degrees.
- Place the shrimp on a sheet pan in a single layer. Spritz with olive oil and sprinkle with ½ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon black pepper. Roast for 8 minutes or until it turns just pink and firm, flipping halfway through the roasting process. Set aside.
- In the meantime, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the roughly chopped kale, and let it cook for 30 seconds. Scoop them out using a large slotted spoon and place in a large bowl. Set aside.
- Cook the rigatoni according to the package instructions. Reserve 1 cup of pasta liquid. Lightly rinse the cooked rigatoni and set aside. Do not wash the pot.
- Heat the ricotta cheese in the same pot until warm, or 45 seconds in medium heat, stirring constantly. Add the garlic and cook until it is wilted, 30-45 seconds. (Be careful, garlic burns easily!)
- Stir in the kale, lemon zest, and lemon juice. Cook, stirring constantly until all the kale leaves are coated with the ricotta cheese, 2-3 minutes.
- Add in the shrimp and rigatoni. Toss gently, making sure that they are all coated with the ricotta cheese and kale mixture. At this point, if needed, you can use some of the reserved pasta liquid to prevent the pasta from getting sticky.
- Taste for seasoning and add if necessary.
- Sprinkle it generously with Parmesan cheese, and serve immediately in large bowls.