Recipe: Asian Beef with Mushrooms and Snow Peas
Homemade Asian Sauce:
- 1/2 cup tamari (or low-sodium soy sauce)
- 5 tablespoons brown sugar
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- 2 teaspoons rice vinegar
- 10 oz snow peas
- olive oil in your Evo Oil Sprayer
- 10 oz mushrooms, sliced thinly
- 1 pound beef, thinly sliced (sirloin steak strips, flank steak, or any other steak)
- 2 cups cooked rice
- Whisk together all sauce ingredients in a bowl. Set aside.
- In a medium pan, boil water. Once boiling, add snow peas for 5 minutes. Then, drain and set aside.
- In a large skillet over hot heat, spritz olive oil to coat generously. Immediately add mushrooms, turning occasionally. After a few minutes, add a pinch of salt. Cook until browned, then remove mushrooms to a bowl.
- To the same skillet still on high heat, spritz additional olive oil to coat generously. Immediately add thinly sliced meat. You may need to do this in 2 batches to keep from crowding. Flip sliced meat to other side once one side is browned. Once both sides are browned, remove to a bowl and add a second batch of meat. Repeat.
- Return all of the cooked meat back to the skillet. Add the snow peas and cooked mushrooms, then the sauce. Stir everything to combine, then cook on high heat for 1 minute in incorporate all flavors. Turn off heat and cover with a lid.
- Serve over rice.