Recipe: Chicken BLT Salad
- 1 cup fat-free buttermilk, divided
- 1 large egg white, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup panko (Japanese breadcrumbs)
- 4 (6-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 3/4 teaspoon black pepper, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- your choice of oil in your Evo Oil Sprayer
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- 2 teaspoons white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 medium head iceberg lettuce, cored and cut into 6 wedges
- 2 cups chopped plum tomato
- 2 ounces crumbled blue cheese (1/2 cup)
- 3 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Combine 1/2 cup buttermilk and egg white in a shallow dish. Place panko in a shallow dish. Dip chicken in egg white mixture; dredge in panko. Sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon pepper and 1/8 teaspoon salt.
- Heat an ovenproof skillet over medium heat. Spritz with oil to coat. Add chicken. Cook 4 minutes; turn over. Bake at 425° for 14 minutes or until done. Let chicken stand 10 minutes; slice crosswise.
- Combine 1/2 cup buttermilk, 1/2 teaspoon pepper, mayonnaise, dill, chives, and vinegar. Place garlic on a cutting board; sprinkle with 1/8 teaspoon salt. Chop until a paste forms, scraping with the flat side of knife to mash. Add garlic to dressing.
- Place 1 lettuce wedge on each of 6 plates. Top each serving with chicken, 1/3 cup tomato, and 2 1/2 tablespoons dressing. Sprinkle with cheese and crumbled bacon.