Recipe: Spicy Shrimp Fried Rice
- 3 cups brown rice cooked
- 1 lb large shrimp, peeled and deveined (peeled weight is .75 lb)
- 2 egg whites, scrambled
- 1 whole egg, scrambled
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, diced
- 5 scallions, chopped, whites and greens separated
- sesame oil in your Evo Oil Sprayer
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper flakes (or more to taste)
- 4 tsp soy sauce (or more to taste)
- 1 tsp Asian fish sauce
- salt and fresh pepper
In a bowl, season shrimp with cayenne pepper, chili powder, paprika, salt, pepper and garlic powder.
Scramble eggs with a drop of water and season with salt and pepper. In a hot wok, spritz a little oil and cook the eggs. When cooked, remove from pan and set aside.
Let the wok get really hot. Spritz oil and saute onions, scallion whites, garlic and hot pepper flakes for about 1-2 minutes. Add shrimp and saute until no longer translucent. Add rice and cooked egg along with soy sauce and fish sauce, mixing well for about 2 minutes. Add greens of the scallions and serve.