Recipe: Curried Scallop-Apple Salad
- extra virgin olive oil in your Evo Oil Sprayers
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced shallot
- 3/4 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 cup apple cider
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 teaspoon cider vinegar
- 1 pound dry sea scallops, tough muscle removed
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 8 cups mixed salad greens
- 1 tart apple, such as Granny Smith, diced
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- Spritz oil in a large skillet to coat and heat over medium heat. Add shallot and curry powder and cook, stirring, until the shallot is beginning to soften, about 3 minutes. Add cider and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Bring to a boil and cook until reduced to 3/4 cup, about 4 minutes. Pour into a large bowl and whisk in 12 spritzes oil and the vinegar. Reserve 1/4 cup dressing in a small bowl. Wipe out the pan.
- Pat scallops dry and sprinkle with the remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper. Spritz more oil into the pan to coat and heat over medium-high. Add the scallops and cook until golden brown, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate.
- Add salad greens, apple, cranberries and almonds to the large bowl; toss to coat. Top with the scallops and drizzle with the reserved 1/4 cup dressing.